Tuesday 5 August 2014

Basics I Learnt About House Insurance

We are all living in a world full of uncertainties where we don’t know or even have an idea of what may occur in the next minute! However, it’s good to safeguard all your property from the different calamities that are out there. When I was searching for house insurance, I had to do some research and also inquire more from insurance brokers and agents. I learnt that under this type of insurance there are different kinds of coverage that one should know about. I was so lucky because the insurance agent in the insurance company I opted for helped me in understanding the coverage types. There are many things that one can cover his or her house against such as fire, theft, natural calamities such as floods, landslides and hurricanes, etc. Most companies rarely offer policies to cover against the natural calamities. I was also asked if I had the money to pay for all the coverage types. I could easily do so but if I couldn’t, I would have to choose to cover against risks that have a higher probability of occurring. This was a good idea because I came from a place that rarely experienced hurricanes, floods and landslides; hence covering against things such as theft of property and fires was my ideal choice.

As I consulted different insurance agents, they informed me that I had to be very keen when signing or coming into an agreement with any house insurance company. They told me that it was always important to read through all the policies carefully and in case of a problem, I would have to look for a financial advisor or insurance agents for further explanation. This is because some insurance companies offer different remedies for different problems. For example, some insurance companies will look and buy you a new house when yours is not in a good and safe condition. However, some might offer you a low-quality house compared to the one that you had before; hence I had to be careful when reading some of the clauses. Some insurance companies also outlined lots of critical conditions that were not clearly detailed and I had to turn them down. My financial advisor advised me that such companies like taking advantage of the unclear clauses and using them to exploit their clients hence I had to avoid them.

On the other hand, seeking house insurance is a very good move. I benefited a lot from paying for this policy because never at one time since then have I ever lived in fear that I might not be able to recover should any mishap strikes my house. Generally, the best thing about this kind of insurance is that it covers for all the injuries that might happen when one is inside your house. Whenever any member of my staff got injured while inside my house, I didn’t have to pay any amount of money to cover for the medical expenses; the insurance company came in handy and settled all the costs. I saved a lot of money by acquiring a home insurance policy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment